Question 1 which micro-organism is utilised in making curd from milk?
Question 2 How do micro-organism convert milk into curd?
Question 3 Name the micro-organism used in baking industry?
Question 4 How yeast help in making of making of bread?
Question 5 Name the sugar present in milk?
Making of Curd
Milk is turned into curd by bacteria.
Curd contains several micro-organism including Lactobacilli bacteria.
It promotes the formation of curd from milk.
When a little of pre-made curd is added to warm milk, then Lactobacilli bacteria present in curd multiply in milk and convert the lactose sugar into lactic acid.
This lactic acid then converts milk into curd.
Curd is added in making idlis and bhaturas to make them soft and spongy.
Bacteria are also involved in the making of cheese, pickles and many other food items.
Making of Bread
Yeast is used in the baking industry for making bread.
When yeast is mixed in dough for making bread, the yeast reproduces rapidly and gives out carbon dioxide gas during respiration. The bubbles of carbon dioxide gas fill the dough and increases its volume.
It is also used in making cakes and pastries.
Other Notes from Chapter 2 Micro Organisms Friend and Foe
- Groups of Micro Organism
- Where do Micro Organism Live
- Useful Micro organism
- Commercial Use of Micro organism
- Medicinal Use of Micro oragnaism
- Increasing Soil Fertility
- Cleaning the Environment
- Harmful Micro Organism
- Carriers of Disease causing micro organism
- Disease Causing Micro organisms in Animals
- Disease Causing Micro-Organism in Plants
- Food poisoning
- Preservation of Food
- Preservation by sun-drying, Heating, Cooling
- Preservation by Deep Freezing,Common Salt, Sugar
- Preservation of food by mustard oil and Vinegar, Chemicals, Pasteurisation, Air-tight Packets
- Nitrogen Fixation
- Nitrogen Cycle
Plzz tell me on increase fertility of soil
Thank you so much
nice thank you for helping me