Question 1 State one important function performed by rhizobium and blue green algae?
Question 2 Name one biological nitrogen fixer?
Question 3 Name the micro-organism which can fix atmospheric nitrogen in the soil?
Question 4 How do micro-organism help in increasing soil fertility?
Increasing Soil Fertility
Some of the micro-organism present in the soil can fix nitrogen gas from the atmosphere to form nitrogen compounds.
These nitrogen compounds mix with the soil and increase the fertility of soil.
Some bacteria like rhizobium and blue green algae are able to fix nitrogen gas from the atmosphere to enrich the soil with nitrogen compounds and increase its fertility.
The nitrogen-fixing bacteria and blue green algae are called biological nitrogen fixers.
Other Notes from Chapter 2 Micro Organisms Friend and Foe
- Groups of Micro Organism
- Where do Micro Organism Live
- Useful Micro organism
- Making of Curd and Bread
- Commercial Use of Micro organism
- Medicinal Use of Micro oragnaism
- Cleaning the Environment
- Harmful Micro Organism
- Carriers of Disease causing micro organism
- Disease Causing Micro organisms in Animals
- Disease Causing Micro-Organism in Plants
- Food poisoning
- Preservation of Food
- Preservation by sun-drying, Heating, Cooling
- Preservation by Deep Freezing,Common Salt, Sugar
- Preservation of food by mustard oil and Vinegar, Chemicals, Pasteurisation, Air-tight Packets
- Nitrogen Fixation
- Nitrogen Cycle