Question 1 How do micro-organism help in cleaning the environment?
Cleaning the Environment
Some micro-organism decompose the organic matter present in the dead plants, dead animals and animal wastes, and convert them into simple substances which mix up with the soil.
Since micro-organism decompose the harmful and smelly dead remains of plants and animals and animal wastes into harmless materials, they clean the environment.
The micro-organism also help in recycling the nutrients (present in dead plants, dead animals and animal waste) in nature which can then be used as food by green plants.
If there were no micro-organism (decomposers)then the nutrients present in dead plants, dead animals and animal waste would never be released for use by new plants.
Other Notes from Chapter 2 Micro Organisms Friend and Foe
- Groups of Micro Organism
- Where do Micro Organism Live
- Useful Micro organism
- Making of Curd and Bread
- Commercial Use of Micro organism
- Medicinal Use of Micro oragnaism
- Increasing Soil Fertility
- Harmful Micro Organism
- Carriers of Disease causing micro organism
- Disease Causing Micro organisms in Animals
- Disease Causing Micro-Organism in Plants
- Food poisoning
- Preservation of Food
- Preservation by sun-drying, Heating, Cooling
- Preservation by Deep Freezing,Common Salt, Sugar
- Preservation of food by mustard oil and Vinegar, Chemicals, Pasteurisation, Air-tight Packets
- Nitrogen Fixation
- Nitrogen Cycle