Question 1 Name the instrument which is needed to see micro-organism?
Question 2 What are micro-organism?
Many living organism are present in soil, water and animal. Some of the micro-organism are so small that we can not see them with naked eyes.
Those organism which are too small to be seen without microscope are called micro-organism.
Micro-organism like bacteria and fungi make our food go bad.
The micro-organism also cause diseases in humans, other animals and plants.
Some of the micro-organism grow on food and cause food poisoning.
Some of the micro-organism are also useful to us like certain bacteria help in making food products such as curd and cheese. They are also useful in making bread, cakes, pastries, alcohol, medicine etc.
Other Notes from Chapter 2 Micro Organisms Friend and Foe
- Groups of Micro Organism
- Where do Micro Organism Live
- Useful Micro organism
- Making of Curd and Bread
- Commercial Use of Micro organism
- Medicinal Use of Micro oragnaism
- Increasing Soil Fertility
- Cleaning the Environment
- Harmful Micro Organism
- Carriers of Disease causing micro organism
- Disease Causing Micro organisms in Animals
- Disease Causing Micro-Organism in Plants
- Food poisoning
- Preservation of Food
- Preservation by sun-drying, Heating, Cooling
- Preservation by Deep Freezing,Common Salt, Sugar
- Preservation of food by mustard oil and Vinegar, Chemicals, Pasteurisation, Air-tight Packets
- Nitrogen Fixation
- Nitrogen Cycle