Where do Micro-Organism live
1) Micro-organism are found in air, water, soil.
2) They can live and survive in all kinds of environment such as hot springs, ice-cold water, saline water, desert soil, marshy land etc.
3) They also occur in dead and decomposed organic matter.
4) They are present inside the human body and that of other animals.
5) They also live as parasites on other living things, including us.
Other Notes from Chapter 2 Micro Organisms Friend and Foe
- Groups of Micro Organism
- Useful Micro organism
- Making of Curd and Bread
- Commercial Use of Micro organism
- Medicinal Use of Micro oragnaism
- Increasing Soil Fertility
- Cleaning the Environment
- Harmful Micro Organism
- Carriers of Disease causing micro organism
- Disease Causing Micro organisms in Animals
- Disease Causing Micro-Organism in Plants
- Food poisoning
- Preservation of Food
- Preservation by sun-drying, Heating, Cooling
- Preservation by Deep Freezing,Common Salt, Sugar
- Preservation of food by mustard oil and Vinegar, Chemicals, Pasteurisation, Air-tight Packets
- Nitrogen Fixation
- Nitrogen Cycle