Question 1 What are bio-degradable material? Give example?
Question 2 What are non-biodegradable material. Give example?
Biodegradable and Non-biodegradable material
A material which gets decomposed through natural processes (such as action of bacteria)are called as biodegradable material.
For Example : Plant waste, animal waste, paper, cotton, cloth, woolen cloth, jute, wood are all biodegradable material.
They rot away with time and hence do not cause pollution in the environment.
A material which does not get decomposed through natural processes (such as action of bacteria)are called as non- biodegradable material.
For Example : Plastics, glass, metals, aluminium cans etc.
They do not rot away with time and hence cause pollution in the environment.
Other Notes from Chapter 3 Synthetic Fibres and Plastics
- Synthetic Fibres
- Types of synthetic fibres
- Poly Ethylene Terephthalate and Acrylic
- Characteristics of Synthetic Fibres
- Types of plastics
- Properties of plastics
- Biodegradable and Non-biodegradable material
- Harmful effects of Plastics
- Steps to save environment from plastic waste