Question 1 What are displacement reaction?
Question 2 Give the reactivity series of various elements?
Question 3 Give few example of displacement reaction?
Those reactions in which one element takes the position of other element in a compound.
More reactive metal displaces a less reactive metal.
K Na Ca Mg Al Zn NI Pb H Cu Hg Ag Au Pt
Most reactive——————–>Least Reactive
2HCl(aq) + Zn(s) → ZnCl2(aq) + H2(g)
The hydrogen atoms are displaced by Zn atoms.
Cu + 2AgNO3 → 2Ag + Cu(NO3)2
Ag is displaced by Cu from its solution.
Other topics from Chapter 1 Chemical Reaction and Equation
- Chemical equation
- Chemical Reaction and Equation
- Characteristics of Chemical reaction
- Combination reaction
- Decomposition reaction
- Double Displacement Reaction
- Oxidation and Reduction reaction
- Effects of oxidation Reaction in Everyday Life