Question 1 What are the main functions of Golgi apparatus?
Question 2 Explain the structure of Golgi apparatus?
(1) It consist of set of membrane bounded, fluid-filled vesicles, vacuoles and flattened cisternae.
(2) Cisternae are usually packed together in parallel rows.
(3) They arises from membrane of smooth ER, which in turn originates from rough ER.
Functions of Golgi Apparatus
(1) They are involved in synthesis of cell wall, plasma membrane and lysosomes.
(2) It produces vacuoles which contain cellular secretions e.g.: enzymes, protein, cellulose etc.
(3) They act as an area for storage, processing and packaging of various cellular secretions.