A sentence is a combination of words that gives a complete meaning or thought.
A sentence has two parts :-
The subject of a complete sentence is who or what the sentence is about.
Subject can also be defined as the noun or pronoun used in a sentence about which some thing is being told in the sentence.
(1) The children are playing in the park.
(2) Tina is eating Ice-cream.
(3) My family is watching a movie.
(4) They are playing football.
(5) She has been working since last Monday.
(6) Sita went to the school.
(7) The sun was shining brightly.
(8) Ramesh switch off the fan.
(9) The man and his wife were working in their garden.
(10) The pretty girl was wearing a blue frock.
(11) Mamta is reading a book.
(12) He is very sad today.
(13) They are looking at the pictures.
(14) John is writing on his notebook.
(15) The horse ran in a field.
(16) My grandmother is cooking food.
(17) Daddy is washing the car.
(18) The horse likes to eat hay.
(19) My friend and I like to swing at the park.
(20) The little girl picked up her doll.
A predicate is the part of the sentence that tells about the subject. It contains the verb that tells about the subject.
The part of sentence, other than the subject, is called predicate of the sentence.
(1) My mother is baking a cake for me.
(2) Golf carts are fun to ride.
(3) The man heard a loud noise.
(4) The man travelled the whole world.
(5) The painter is painting the wall.
(6) Mike and George went bowling.
(7) The Sun is shinning brightly.
(8) The flowers smell nice.
(9) I build a sand castle on the beach.
(10) The dog is hungry
(11) Tina and I are going to the library.
(12) Mohan is laughing very loudly.
(13) My father is reading a Newspaper.
(14) Today I purchased a new pencil box.
(15) Lara is wearing a pink dress.
(16) John went to picnic with his friends.
(17) The fishes are swimming in a pond.
(18) My pet dog is playing with his favourite toy.
(19) My sister washed the dishes.
(20) The snake made a hissing noise.
Ayushi Tripathi says
Thanks for your help
Love you so much
Dacian atkinson says
You are really helpful
Thanks a lot for definition . Your definition is quite interesting . I like it.
Once again thanks a lot!!!…
J Joseph says
Your good efforts, much appreciated
Deepika Bhardwaj says
Thank you for this definition and examples today is my paper so thank you so much for this it is very simple and easy lines. I like it once again thanku a lot………..
its awsome thanks for help
Tq… It’s very useful to us