Rain on the Roof Class 9 English, Beehive Poem
Detailed summary and explanation of “Wind” Poem along with meanings for difficult words is provided here. Also, NCERT Question and Answers are also provided to help students understand this Poem and do well in their exams.
The poem describes the poet’s thoughts when he hears the sound of rain falling on the tiled roof of his cottage. The sound produced by the rain reminds the poet of a memory of his mother. This memory stay in his mind and calm him. Through rain, the poet highlights the healing power of nature. According to him, the music produced by the simple act of falling of rain holds the power to bring back some of our fondest memories. These memories, then, provides US with comfort and calm us.
Of the soft rain overhead!
Of the rain upon the roof.
By the patter of the rain.
(1) How does the darkness look? What does it do?
(2) What happens to the pillow when it rains?
(3) When does the poet find it bliss to feel when it rains?
(4) How does the poet describes the movement just before it starts raining?
(5) What thoughts flash through poet’s mind when it rains?
(6) When does the poet remember his mother? How does he do so?
(7) How is the poet affected by the rain falling on the roof?
(8) What type of imagination does the rain falling on the roof evoke?
(9) What does a tinkle do? What happens when a tinkle echoes in the heart?
(10) How does the poet’s mother treat the dreamers?
(11) Whose ‘ fond look’ is it that poet feels?
(12) Do you think most people have same feeling when it rains as the poet does ? Discuss?
(13) Describe your feeling as a school student when it rained?
(14) What does the poet want to convey when he says’ when the humid shadows hover over all the starry spheres?
(15) What does melancholy darkness mean and what does it do?
(16) What do the thousand dreamy fancies begin in the poet’s heart?
(17) The ‘Rain on the roof’ bring out how rain soothes everyone by its phenomenon? Elaborate?
(18) How does the poet feel when the clouds blot out the stars?
(19) Dreams hold importance in poet’s life .Is it true? Elaborate?
|Patter||sound of rain falling on the roof|
|Shingles||tiles used on sloping roofs|
|Into woof||weaved into woven picture|
|Darling dreamers||her sleeping children|
|Refrain||part of song that is repeated.|