Question 1 Define respiration?
Question 2 What is cellular respiration?
Question 3 What is breathing?
Question 4 Give the full form of ATP and ADP?
Question 5 Write the various steps of respiration?
Question 6 Where does glycolysis occur?
The assimilated food is used for 2 purposes
1) To get energy for various life processes.
2) For growth and repair of body.
Food + Oxygen ——–> Release energy(stored in ATP molecule)
The process of releasing energy from food is called respiration.
The process of respiration release energy inside the cell and therefore called as cellular respiration.
The process in which an organism obtain oxygen from the air and release carbon dioxide is called breathing.
ADP-Adenosine Di-Phosphate(low energy content)
ATP-Adenosine Tri-Phosphate(High energy content)
ATP contains 3 phosphate groups whereas ADP contains 2 phosphate group.
ADP + phosphate + Energy——–>ATP(energy is stored in cell)
When energy is needed, ATP breaks into ADP, phosphate, Energy.
The energy equivalent to 30.5 KJ/mol is released in this process.
1) Glucose is a six carbon atom compound which is oxidised in cell during respiration.
2) 1 Glucose molecule on oxidation(process is called glycolysis which occur in cytoplasm) produces 2 molecules of pyruvic acid or pyruvate(3 carbon atom compound)
3) Pyruvate in the presence of oxygen undergoes oxidation to produce carbon dioxide, water and energy(in the form of ATP)
4) Pyruvate in the absence of oxygen form ethanol or carbon dioxide or lactic acid.
Goutam Naik says
Very nice mam.thank you
Amit Kumar says