Personification is when you give an animal or object qualities or abilities, actions or thoughts that only a human can have.
Personification is a type of figurative language where human characteristics, such as thoughts, feelings or actions, are given to something non-human.
It adds interest and fun to poems or stories. It bring non-human things to life. It create more interesting and emotional sentences and paragraphs.
(1) My alarm clock yells at me every morning.
(2) The stars danced in the sky.
(3) The sun is playing hide and seek with the clouds today.
(4) Those flowers are begging for water in this hot weather.
(5) The tornado swallowed everything in its path
(6) The cruel waves crashed mercilessly and swallowed the poor swimmer.
(7) The cacti in the dessert salute every single car that drives by.
(8) The abandoned house was sad and lonely.
(9) The camera loves her since she is so pretty.
(10) Lightning danced across the sky.
(11) London is a city that never sleeps.
(12) The car complained as the key was roughly turned in its ignition.
(13) I kicked the soccer ball so hard it screamed all the way into the goal.
(14) The sun smiled down at the children.
(15) The last piece of cake called my name.
(16) As I read the book, its characters leapt off the page.
(17) The wind howled in the night.
(18) The grapes held tight to each other in a bunch, hugging for comfort and strength.
(19) The wildfire ran far and wide across the forest in a matter of minutes.
(20) The door protested as it was opened.
(21) The angry lighting hit the closest thing it could find.
(22) The avalanche devoured anything standing in its way.
(23) My house is a friend who protects me.
(24) The approaching car’s headlights winked at me.
(25) Time flies when you’re having fun.
(26) His book just flew off the shelves within a week of its release.
(27) The stairs groaned as we walked on them.
(28) Love is blind, and at times, crazy.
(29) The trees danced to the rhythm of the wind.
(30) The thunder was grumbling in the distance.
(31) The party died as soon as somebody broke the glass door.
(32) This pencil wrote the words perfectly.
(33) The raindrops rest idly on top of my car.
(34) This computer has a mind of its own.
(35) My car is screaming to be washed.
(36) This competitive industry would chew you up and spit you out in no time.
(37) The car danced on the wet floor.
(38) The sun peeked happily from the clouds.
(39) It was time to go home, but the bell refused to ring.
(40) I think the weather doesn’t like me today.
(41) I’m so nervous, I could feel my heart jumping out my chest.
(42) The angry sky roared and threw lightning around.
(43) The delicious smell of cookies pulled me to the cookies.
(44) That chocolate ice cream cone is really tempting me.
(45) I can see the news travel quickly.
(46) The plants danced as I watered them.
(47) The silence crept into the classroom as soon as the teacher entered.
(48) The Sun greeted this morning.
(49) Opportunity knocked on the door.
(50) Time never waits for anyone.
(51) The picture in that magazine shouted for attention.
(52) Snow had wrapped a white blanket over the city.
(53) The angry cloud marched across the sky.
(54) The tulips nodded their heads in the breeze.
(55) A cupcake can be quite charming to an empty stomach.
(56) The waves gently touched the Fred’s feet.
(57) The carved pumpkin smiled at me.
(58) The popcorn jumped around the microwave.
(59) The hurricane attacked the city leaving it in ruins.
(60) The slices of the bread jumped out of the toaster suddenly, scaring me .
(61) My computer stubbornly refused to start.
(62) The sofa is looking at me invitingly.
(63) The news took me by surprise when I heard it.
(64) The tea kettle whistled impatiently.
(65) The car’s engine coughed its last breathe.
(66) The sail boat danced gracefully past us.
(67) The flames ate hungrily at the burning house.
(68) The wind whispered through the dark and gloomy forest.
(69) The gardener added the manures to his crops believing he was happy making happy flowers.
(70) As we walked through the scorching desert, the sun beat down on us.
(71) As she walked home from school, the wind gripped her in its frigid fingertip.
(72) The approaching headlights winked at me.
(73) The traffic noises argue long into the night.
(74) A cupcake can be quite charming to an empty stomach.
(75) The angry storm pounded the tin shelter.
(76) Time will always catch up to you, no matter how fast you run.
(77) My heart has been skipping around in my chest since I heard grandma is coming for a visit.
(78) The candle danced in the dark.
(79) The pencil moaned at the sharpener.
(80) The video cameras observed the whole scene.
(81) The wind sang her mournful song.
(82) The old car grumbled up the hill.
(83) The cup stood alone among the crowded plates.
(84) The water beckoned to the hot swimmers.
(85) The car engine coughed in the early morning.
(86) The full moon led me through the dark forest.
(87) The chair cried out in pain when the fat boy sat on it.
(88) My neighbour’s house is begging for a can of paint.
(89) The last candy jumped into my mouth.
(90) The roller coaster begged me to ride it.
(91) The words escaped my mouth before I realized it.
(92) The wind stole my hat.
(93) The fluffy clouds drew pictures in the sky.
(94) My computer growled at me when i hit the wrong button.
(95) The soft chair wrapped in padded arms around Lisa.
(96) The coins sang happily in Tom’s pocket.
(97) The broken glass in the window chewed on her hands.
(98) The tall tree stood guard at the gate.
(99) The red car raced by, screaming for someone to notice its speed.
(100) The books laughed as the girl tickled its pages.
(101) Winter’s icy grip squeezed his rib cage.
(102) The wind howls in the night.
(103) As fall turned to winter, the trees found themselves wearing white.
(104) The clouds pushed each other around in the sky.