Question 1 Name one non-metal which is used to preserve food materials?
Question 2 Name one non-metal which is used to make electrodes of dry cell?
Question 3 Name one non-metal which is used in the manufacture of sulphuric acid?
Uses of Non-Metals
1) Hydrogen is used in the hydrogenation of vegetable oil to make vegetable ghee, manufacture of ammonia.
2) Liquid hydrogen is used as rocket fuel.
3) Carbon is used in the manufacture of electrolytic cell and dry cell.
4) Nitrogen is used in the manufacture of ammonia, nitric acid and fertilisers.
5) Sulphur is used for manufacturing sulphuric acid, gun powder, vulcanisation of rubber.